Being told you have cancer is a life-altering experience. Although your treatment may have ended, the consequences of cancer diagnoses and treatment may linger for some time.
During the treatment, which may include chemotherapy, radiation or both, and after medical care you may start to look and feel different. Emotionally, your self-image as a healthy person may have vanished. Physically, you may have had to endure major surgeries.
It is not at all unusual to have trepidations about your health and how to move forward after treatment. Your survivorship experience is unique, just as defining your wellness in survivorship should be.
When you become a member of the Absenger Cancer Education Foundation (ACEF), we are working together to integrate mind-body medicine modalities to facilitate and meet your Self Care in Cancer Survivorship goals. No matter your health status, an Absenger Cancer Education Foundation (ACEF) membership will raise your self-awareness. This “becoming aware” will help you to focus on what you need to do to improve your quality of life, and what it means to live a meaningful life in cancer survivorship.
The Art of Living: Self Care in Cancer Survivorship Programs Benefits:
- The Art of Self-Care: Building the foundation stress management and mind-body skills building program
- 4 Music therapy programs to choose from
- A Children and Young Adults with Cancer music therapy program
- Individual nutritional counseling
- A mindful eating program
- A basics of “Healing Foods Nutrition” program
- Gentle Yoga
- Yoga Therapy (one-on-one and small group)
- A chakra balancing yoga program
- 3 Medical hypnosis programs
- Individual counseling and support groups
- Sexual Wellness Enhancement & Enrichment Training (SWEET). Unfortunately, many health care providers do not address the issues of sex and intimacy in cancer survivorship. We are!
- Monthly educational events, workshops, talks and speaker series
- Mindful meditation (FREE to members)