The Society of Psychological Hypnosis (APA Division 30) is calling for presentation proposals for the 2013 Annual Convention in Honolulu, Hawaii, to be held on July 31st to August 4th, 2013. Division 30 will consider submissions pertaining to any of the following:
- Empirical research of hypnosis and its applications in clinical, health, experimental, and other realms of psychology
- Education and training in hypnosis
- Consciousness, phenomenology, dissociation, imagery, fantasy, and/or anomalous experiences, as they may relate to hypnosis
- Literature reviews that relate to any of the above that identify gaps in research and provide guidance to future hypnosis research
- Paper, poster, and symposia proposals will be considered. Depending on the number of submissions, a paper proposal may be accepted as a poster presentation.
- Student submissions are strongly encouraged, especially in the realm of original research or literature reviews.
Awards will be presented for the Best Research Paper, Best Applied Paper, Best Theoretical Paper, the Best Graduate Student Paper, and the Best Poster.
Proposals can be sent through APA’s website: Proposal Sumbission
Proposals are due by 11:59 PM on Friday, November 16th, 2012.