- This event has passed.
Mindful Eating and Living (MEAL) Group
February 17, 2017 @ 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
An event every week that begins at 5:30pm on Friday, repeating until March 31, 2017
Your relationship to food is a central one that reflects your attitude toward your environment and yourself. As a practice, mindful eating can bring you awareness of your own actions, thoughts, feelings and motivations, and insight into the roots of health and contentment. MEAL is a one-of-a-kind, clinically proven program, which runs six weeks. MEAL teaches you an entirely new approach to healthy eating, weight loss, and stress reduction in breast cancer survivorship.
Food: The Solution, not the Problem
- Mindful eating offers two main advantages over dieting: 1) it helps you meet your physical needs, and 2) food satisfies your emotional needs.
- You’ll learn how to choose your way to eat food that is both pleasing to you and nourishing to your body by using all your senses to explore, savor and taste.
- You’ll develop a greater awareness of hunger and satiety clues from the body;
- You’ll be able to explore how stress impacts not only how you eat but how you live your life;
- We’ll pay particular attention toward developing stress management tools for a lifetime of health and greater well‐being;
- You’ll be able to learn to find personal triggers for mindless eating, such as emotions, social pressures, or certain foods;
- Each week we’ll practice with specially designed in‐class exercises for a direct experience of mindful eating.
(6-Week MEAL Classes)
Only limited spaces are available for each class session. Please call or email to pre-register!
Friday, Feb 17 – Mar 31
All sessions meet Friday, 5:30 p.m – 7 p.m.
Classes are held at the
Absenger Cancer Education Foundation
17212 Van Wagoner Road
Spring Lake, MI 49456
Schedule is subject to change without notice.
email us about the mindful eating group
phone: (616) 607-7360
The MEAL class is FREE
for Breast Cancer Survivors!
The $240 per person Mindful Eating and Living (MEAL) program is made possible FREE of charge with a grant from Susan G. Komen Michigan. Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives.